8.11.2011

31...

I am writing about a revelation. I think for most of my first 26, almost 27 years, I have ignored the amazingness of my parents as a couple. My parents have been going strong for 31 years as of yesterday. I, as well as everyone else in their lives, have always been able to count on my parents. I never realized how much of a unit they are together. When Jill and I have a problem we know we can go to them, the same for people in the church, our family, or anyone else. I don't think I realized how much I always say my parents or "them" more than I do my dad or pronouns that describe my parents as individuals. It has not been until I have seen other couples and taken their unity completely for granted. Looking back I see how couples could act together, and it is a great Christian example for Jill and I to follow. Thanks mom and dad.

No comments: